• xxx

0 0%
  • yyy

0 0%
  • zzz

0 0%

Wink Help! Database Conversion Required

Hi!

I'm new to this forum, so if I use the wrong protocol please forgive me.

A friend of mine has asked me to upgrade their video shop software. Their current system is nearly 10 years old and I can't figure out what type of database it was using.

If anyone could help me to convert their data files to csv I would greatly appreciate it.

I've uploaded the files to a web site, so that if anyone can convert them could they email the csv directly to me.

There are 3 files
    Members.dat
    Videos.dat
    Catagory.dat

and they can be found

http://www.bowlineit.com/support_downloads.asp

ANY help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

Re: Help! Database Conversion Required

if you paste the database connection portion of the application, someone may be able to identify what database the code is trying to access

Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Used a tool once called Minitab, it had the ability to save files in .DAT format .... and when opening a .DAT file created in Minitab with something like notepad, the first 2 characters are C3 - I see your files first 2 characters are C3. Maybe it's worth a shot .... www.minitab.com has a 30 day demo for download. As others have said, .DAT is used by many software packages .... good luck :-)

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    if you paste the database connection portion of the application, someone may be able to identify what database the code is trying to access

Sathyaram
    Sorry, don't have the source code to see what the database connection and have checked ALL of the other text files to see if there is anything like a connection string contained therein.

Have downloaded the MINITAB app, and it doesn't like the file type at all, saying it didn't recognise it. (Unless there is a more technical method of importing the data...

Any other ideas?

I'm thinking foxpro...got a copy?
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.