Unanswered: Couple of question about SQL 2000

Hi

I've bin using MySQL and now trying to convert it on to SQL 2000 and i've got a couple of questions

1. Ive got a SQL Script of a database generated by MySQL, can i run this script stright into SQL 2000 and if so how do i go about it ????

2. In my MySQL i have a Gender field which data type is Enum ('M','F'). How do i recreate this type of field in SQL 2000.

Thanks

1) Go to start programs/microsoft sql server/query analyzer. Connect to your DB and run the code

2) I would use a bit field, a bit field can be 0 or 1, you can handle the translation in the front end.

HTH
    ---------------
    Ray Higdon MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA

Hi thanks for your help

just to be a pain, if i wanted 3 or 4 options would the field type be varchar and i'd have the sort the options out in my application

is this right

thanks again

Originally posted by rhigdon
    1) Go to start programs/microsoft sql server/query analyzer. Connect to your DB and run the code

2) I would use a bit field, a bit field can be 0 or 1, you can handle the translation in the front end.

HTH

It's not going to compile...you need to determine the differences and develop a migration plan..

Do a google...

http://www.databasejournal.com/featu...le.php/3087841
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.