Unanswered: Provider cannot be found

I am attempting to implement an MS Access front-end / Oracle back-end application using Citrix. When I open the application using the Citrix client I get the following error when I attempt to open the ADOConnection to the Oracle database:

3706 Provider cannot be found

The application is installed on the Citrix server and I can open and run it without problem if I use Terminal Server to connect to the Citrix server

Can anybody please help?

The only way for you to connect to Oracle is through Citrix? As I understand it, and I'm probably wrong, Citrix is an emulating client. As an emulating client, I'm not sure that you have the same drivers installed natively on your comp, namely the Oracle Driver to supply the MSDAORA provider.

Here is a link on providers:
    http://www.able-consulting.com/ado_conn.htm
    All code ADO/ADOX unless otherwise specified.
    Mike.

Originally posted by HomerBoo
    The only way for you to connect to Oracle is through Citrix? As I understand it, and I'm probably wrong, Citrix is an emulating client. As an emulating client, I'm not sure that you have the same drivers installed natively on your comp, namely the Oracle Driver to supply the MSDAORA provider.

Here is a link on providers:
    http://www.able-consulting.com/ado_conn.htm
    Thanks for the very quick response.

I have now resolved the problem. Whilst the Oracle directory on the Citrix server was shared for all, the ORA92 directory below it was not. After giving users Read and Execute permissions to ORA92 and subordinate directories I can now connect to and open the application via the Citrix client software
    Last edited by brianpagan; 02-17-04 at 11:06.