Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    BRAZIL
    Posts
    10

    Red face Unanswered: Load LOBS Problem

    DB2 Version:8.1.2 Linux

    Iīm trying to LOAD a table that has a LOB column.
    The LOAD is processed directly in the Server.
    The load comand is:

    LOAD CLIENT FROM OracleCatalog_SFCI1_TBCERTIDAOIMOBIL.out of ASC LOBS FROM OracleCatalog_SFCI1_TBCERTIDAOIMOBIL/ MODIFIED BY LOBSINFILE reclen=409 striptblanks METHOD L(1 9,11 65,67 321,323 323,325 359,361 361,363 388,390 395,397 406) NULL INDICATORS (0,0,409,0,0,0,0,0,0) REPLACE INTO TBCERTIDAOIMOBIL

    I get the following message for all the rows:
    SQL3512W The file named in row "1" and column "325" cannot be found, but the target column is not nullable. The row was not loaded.

    I checked the files and they are in the correct location.
    Could you help me with this problem ?????
    Silvana Meira

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15

    Re: Load LOBS Problem

    Hi,

    use absolute path to specify the lob source

    kirna

    Originally posted by Silvana.meira
    DB2 Version:8.1.2 Linux

    Iīm trying to LOAD a table that has a LOB column.
    The LOAD is processed directly in the Server.
    The load comand is:

    LOAD CLIENT FROM OracleCatalog_SFCI1_TBCERTIDAOIMOBIL.out of ASC LOBS FROM OracleCatalog_SFCI1_TBCERTIDAOIMOBIL/ MODIFIED BY LOBSINFILE reclen=409 striptblanks METHOD L(1 9,11 65,67 321,323 323,325 359,361 361,363 388,390 395,397 406) NULL INDICATORS (0,0,409,0,0,0,0,0,0) REPLACE INTO TBCERTIDAOIMOBIL

    I get the following message for all the rows:
    SQL3512W The file named in row "1" and column "325" cannot be found, but the target column is not nullable. The row was not loaded.

    I checked the files and they are in the correct location.
    Could you help me with this problem ?????

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    BRAZIL
    Posts
    10

    Re: Load LOBS Problem

    Originally posted by kirna
    Hi,

    use absolute path to specify the lob source

    kirna
    Hi,

    I tried but it didnīt work.Same error message.
    Any other tip ?
    Silvana Meira

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    5,516
    Provided Answers: 1

    Re: Load LOBS Problem

    Originally posted by Silvana.meira
    Hi,

    I tried but it didnīt work.Same error message.
    Any other tip ?
    What do file paths look like in OracleCatalog_SFCI1_TBCERTIDAOIMOBIL.out ?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    BRAZIL
    Posts
    10

    Re: Load LOBS Problem

    Originally posted by n_i
    What do file paths look like in OracleCatalog_SFCI1_TBCERTIDAOIMOBIL.out ?
    The file paths look like:
    D0/C1.out.1489243.2184/

    "D0" is a subdirectory below OracleCatalog_SFCI1_TBCERTIDAOIMOBIL
    "C1.out" is the file and ".1489243.2184" I donīt know what it is.
    Silvana Meira

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    5,516
    Provided Answers: 1

    Re: Load LOBS Problem

    Originally posted by Silvana.meira
    The file paths look like:
    D0/C1.out.1489243.2184/

    "D0" is a subdirectory below OracleCatalog_SFCI1_TBCERTIDAOIMOBIL
    "C1.out" is the file and ".1489243.2184" I donīt know what it is.
    I assume you have checked file permissions...

    Actually, the file names seem a bit suspicious to me - those slashes at the end... Have you generated your ASC files using DB2 or something else? I'm asking because when DB2 EXPORT generates LOB file names they are terminated by null characters (0x00).

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    BRAZIL
    Posts
    10

    Re: Load LOBS Problem

    Originally posted by n_i
    I assume you have checked file permissions...

    Actually, the file names seem a bit suspicious to me - those slashes at the end... Have you generated your ASC files using DB2 or something else? I'm asking because when DB2 EXPORT generates LOB file names they are terminated by null characters (0x00).
    Yes, I checked file permissions and both files were generated by "Oracle to DB2 Migration Toolkit"
    Silvana Meira

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •