Question Unanswered: Instead of Trigger

How they work ?

I have a table A with all possible trigger on that table.
    If I create a view B based on table A and then create instead of trigger will it fire ?

I would suggest you to try and see what happens !
    The Instead-Of trigger gives you the control over the view and the base table(s).
    In Instead of insert trigger on View B you can do the processing that is required whenever user tries to insert record in View B. You can insert record in Table A itself. But now when you try to insert into Table A - say insert into TableA Values ....., your on-insert trigger in Table A will fire. But this trigger will not know, on it's own, that the original source is the instead-of trigger !
    Hope this helps.

Originally posted by pinakdb
    I would suggest you to try and see what happens !
    The Instead-Of trigger gives you the control over the view and the base table(s).
    In Instead of insert trigger on View B you can do the processing that is required whenever user tries to insert record in View B. You can insert record in Table A itself. But now when you try to insert into Table A - say insert into TableA Values ....., your on-insert trigger in Table A will fire. But this trigger will not know, on it's own, that the original source is the instead-of trigger !
    Hope this helps.

Does the view have to be materialized or just a simple view ?

Just an ordinary view.
    create view v1 as select * from t1 ;

may have more than one base tables ...

create view v1 as select t1.c1 col1, t2.c1 col2, t1.c2 col2 from t1, t2 where t1.join_col = t2.join_col ;