Thread: Formula

Unanswered: Formula

the following formula finds all books that were returned late and works out how many days late they are:

Days Late: IIf([Date Returned]<[Date Due Back],DateDiff("d",[Date Returned],[Date Due Back]))

how do i make it display 0 in "Days Late" if the book was returned on or before the date it was due back?

Re: Formula

Originally posted by craig_dixon
    the following formula finds all books that were returned late and works out how many days late they are:

Days Late: IIf([Date Returned]<[Date Due Back],DateDiff("d",[Date Returned],[Date Due Back]))

how do i make it display 0 in "Days Late" if the book was returned on or before the date it was due back?
    IIf([Date Returned]<[Date Due Back],0,DateDiff("d",[Date Returned],[Date Due Back]))

that formula works for the dates that are the same but if a date in teh "date ruturned" field is less than in the "date due back" field then a minus number appears in "days late", whereas i wan a 0 to appear here aswel

Originally posted by craig_dixon
    that formula works for the dates that are the same but if a date in teh "date ruturned" field is less than in the "date due back" field then a minus number appears in "days late", whereas i wan a 0 to appear here aswel
    How about this...

Days Late: IIf(DateDiff("d",[Date Returned],[Date Due Back])<=0,0,DateDiff("d",[Date Returned],[Date Due Back]))