Unanswered: ADPs, Client/Server vs JET

Hi,

I'm currently putting together a POS/Inventory system in Access XP, and i'm coming to the conclusion that i'll probably be better offer doing this in a client/server way ( through Access Data Projects and using MS SQL 2000 Desktop Engine )

APDs have certain features which i'm not used to work with, such as stored procedures, views, and the inherant security that comes with SQL Server.

Any tips, suggestions, advice from the experts here? Things i should look for?

Am i better off putting everything together in JET, and then use the Upsize Wizard, or start from the ground up with ADPs?

I'm reading as much as i can about this, but nothing beats actual experience from the ppl who use it.....

Thanks!
    Cheers!

Mr.Crud

There are 10 kinds of people, ones that understand digital, others that dont

I don't know why they use different wording, but the views are just queries and stored procedures are modules. The only difference is they are stored in the dbms and not in the front end. I think the views use Transact-SQL and the stored procedures use vb.

and about the upsizing wizard, is it any good, or more trouble?? Should i put everything together, and use the wizard, or start off directly in Access Data Projects?

thanks!
    Cheers!

Mr.Crud

There are 10 kinds of people, ones that understand digital, others that dont

My opinion is to not put off the inevitable. You will have to learn ADP. Make a few things the old way and upsize them so you have some example code which will help you learn. To do everything in access to upsize later only makes debugging harder. Don't double your work. Start in ADP so you get the most out of your debugging efforts. If you need a quick and dirty demo to show the client/boss, then do that in Access then upsize and fine tune, debug and test.