Unanswered: How to apply IBM Content Manager eClient

Hi

I'm on the process of Installing IBM Content Manager V8.2 on one of my customer place. The Server installation and normal client installation are successfully completed.

I need to activate the users from remote sites to access Content Manger server, without installing Server software on thier locations. I came to know IBM CM eClient will allow the users to access the CM server.

Can anybody provide me the installation instruction of eClient on the server as well as Client PCs. And also please instruct me what are all the prerequisites that I have to follow to install eClient on the server.

Thanks in advance.

By
    Chandrasekaran.T

You don't require eClient on client workstation. You can access it through browser.

Install eClient on server and deploy it using websphere. You will found documents on install guide.

on clients, use url like this.
    http://HostName_of_server/eClient82/IDMLogon2.jsp

Dear Kuckoo

Thanks for your advise. I'll try and let you know the outcome.

Chandra

Originally posted by kuckoo
    You don't require eClient on client workstation. You can access it through browser.

Install eClient on server and deploy it using websphere. You will found documents on install guide.

on clients, use url like this.
    http://HostName_of_server/eClient82/IDMLogon2.jsp

Do you want to install the eclient on the same server you've installed Content Manager? If so it's quite easy to install, just install EIP and his local connectors to CMv8 and then launch the eclient installation. You must restart your server after installing EIP.

Originally posted by Chandrat
    Dear Kuckoo

Thanks for your advise. I'll try and let you know the outcome.

Chandra

Dear sir

Thankyou. Please advise me that can I have any perequisites for this EIP installation. If you have please provide me the installation procedures. Because the installation Manual has plenty information and it's hard for me to follow.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks again.

Originally posted by phanmi
    Do you want to install the eclient on the same server you've installed Content Manager? If so it's quite easy to install, just install EIP and his local connectors to CMv8 and then launch the eclient installation. You must restart your server after installing EIP.

Originally posted by Chandrat
    Dear sir

Thankyou. Please advise me that can I have any perequisites for this EIP installation. If you have please provide me the installation procedures. Because the installation Manual has plenty information and it's hard for me to follow.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks again.
    I've writen such a document but in french, so it won't be very usefull for you :-)

If you're installing the eClient on the same server as Content Manager, you have already all the prerequisites for installting EIP.
    If you are installing EIP just for the eClient you just need to install the local connectors for CMv8.

When you launch EIP installation choose EIP Developpment Workstation, thus you will have all the options (server and client) .
    In the components to install select Local connectors> Content Manager V8 Connector
    You can also install the information center, the samples and toolkits for CMv8
    For RMI configuration, as RMI isn't supported for Content Manager v8 (stated in readme of fixpack1, 2 and 3 for CMv8), just specify your server host name and click next.
    For System configuration, if you're installing EIP on the same server as CM, choose local (it's the location of your cmbicmsrvs.ini, cmbicmenv.ini and cmbcmenv.properties files)

For eClient installation, it isn't very difficult, I had just a problem with WAS, I had to apply the cumulative plugin fix (I'm using WAS 5.02)

If you want a good documentation there's the Certification study guide for CM8.1, the installation procedure is well describe and also work with CMv8.2 : http://www-1.ibm.com/partnerworld/ce...StudyGuide.pdf

I hope it helps