Unanswered: Controling forms

hi

i have three question but may it related to each other:

first is there any way to preveint user from creating new record i mean insrting new data?

2nd : is there any why to prevent user from deleting record not only from the table coz you can control this by commit_from; and exit_form; but also i don't want him to delete any thing from the form?

3rd : can i prvent user from updating data at forms or if i can't is there any form trigger that can fire when i user update text or chick or redio item or that shuld be item trigger level?

one more question how can i count number of insert procces the user done in spicfic form and number of delete and update if it is avalable?

thanks for you in advance?
    Last edited by HideOut; 02-18-04 at 03:55.

Re: Controling forms

Go to the item’s property palette (highlight the item and press F4), locate the database section. Here you can set insert allowed to no, and the user won’t be able to insert into the field, or update allowed to no and the user won’t be able to update or delete the field.

If you want to count the number of time a user inserts, updates or deletes on a form, put a trigger on the item to be monitored that calls a simple counting procedure.

Re: Controling forms

use procedure set_block_property

thankx alot quanlh76,chumpski for helpin me

what i notice when i use set_block_property([blk_id,name],property,value);

i can't call this procdure inside pre-block trigger where i used block_name dirctly like

set_block_property(block13,property,value);

so i have to write program unit like this

procdure set_pro_blk(blk_name varchar2(100)) is

begin
    set_block_property(blk_name,prop,value):
    end;

and i call this procdure inside the when new form instance

thank u