Question Unanswered: Combo: referring to the shown value

Hallo,

I have a combo box query based. The query has two columns: ID and Prize. In the combo just the prize is shown, the other column is hidden (width = 0). This combo is placed in a continuos form. In the same form I have txt control where I would like to show (repeat) the prize shown in the combo. The problem is that if a put =[cbo_prize] it will show the hidden ID because and not the prize.
    And if I try to do the same job in Visual Basic
    me.txt_controlName = me.cbo_prize.column(1)
    then it gets the right value but since the form is a continuos one it will show in every row the value for the selected record.

Do you have any idea?
    thanks

Re: Combo: referring to the shown value

Originally posted by Davide77
    Hallo,

I have a combo box query based. The query has two columns: ID and Prize. In the combo just the prize is shown, the other column is hidden (width = 0). This combo is placed in a continuos form. In the same form I have txt control where I would like to show (repeat) the prize shown in the combo. The problem is that if a put =[cbo_prize] it will show the hidden ID because and not the prize.
    And if I try to do the same job in Visual Basic
    me.txt_controlName = me.cbo_prize.column(1)
    then it gets the right value but since the form is a continuos one it will show in every row the value for the selected record.

Do you have any idea?
    thanks
    Question: Is this combobox bound to the table that the form is? If it is then you need only do something like this:

TextBox.Value=Combobox.Value