Unanswered: the installation of sybase is not starting on windows 2000

Hi everybody,
    I am a new one in sybase and i have started to install it on different platforms (red hat, windows 2000,..). Something strange is happening to me and i thought maybe is someone who knows the problem.
    I have a new server (DELL 2650) . I have install Raid 5, Windows 2000 server and now i am trying to install sybase 12.5 on it. When i put the CD, the autorun starts, open a cmd window and after that, instead of starting the setup, the window is closing and that is all. The strange thing is that if i put the cd on another comp (it is true that it has 2000 professional and does not have a raid 5) the setup starts normal. If i put another CD , with another program, in the DELL server the setup is starting OK. So, what i have concluded is that it is not about the windows 2000 installation because other CDs with other programs start ok. It is not about the CD itself, because it starts on another comp. I think it is something about the environment variables (path, or java, ...), i don't know for sure.
    The sybase uses java to launch the installation. I have thought that this could be a reason, although on the CD there is a directory with a java version (1.2.2) that is used for the installation. I have tried and installed another java (1.4.2) and still didn't work. On the other computer where it works, there is no java installed.
    Could anybody help me, please? Any ideas?
    Thank you,
    Dan

Provided Answers: 4
    Try to set (or add) a environment variable JAVA_COMPILER with value NONE. This worked for me.

Originally posted by Martijnvs
    Try to set (or add) a environment variable JAVA_COMPILER with value NONE. This worked for me.
    ... if you're using a bugged Pentium IV

Provided Answers: 4

Lightbulb

Originally posted by fadace
    ... if you're using a bugged Pentium IV
    Are you serious? I didn't know that.
    Thanks!

definitely

the installation of sybase is not starting on windows 2000

Hi everybody,
    After a few hours of stress i did solve the problem yesterday. Thank you anyway for your answers (fadace and Martijnvs). You are write. It is only for Pentium IV (bugged or not, i don't know )that you have to set in the environment a variable JAVA_COMPILER to NONE. I have found the same information. It was frustrating because i have installed before sybase on windows 2000, but it seems now that it was not a pentium 4.
    Dan