Question Unanswered: Multiple users help!!!!!!

I am having a problem with a access database and for the life of me I can not figure it out. The database itself is sitting on a server. Each person that accesses it has their own copy of Access installed on their desktop. Even though we have checked to make sure we open it in shared mode it will only allow 1 person at a time to access the database. It is critical that anyone who needs this database be able to get into it regardless of how many are already there. We are only talking about 10 people. Somebody help..................PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Re: Multiple users help!!!!!!

Originally posted by darby249
    I am having a problem with a access database and for the life of me I can not figure it out. The database itself is sitting on a server. Each person that accesses it has their own copy of Access installed on their desktop. Even though we have checked to make sure we open it in shared mode it will only allow 1 person at a time to access the database. It is critical that anyone who needs this database be able to get into it regardless of how many are already there. We are only talking about 10 people. Somebody help..................PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
    Do you have security set up? If each one of your users is using the same .mdw (system) file and the Admin user (default) is opening the database, and they save anything, it will now be exclusively opened. The only way to prevent this is to set your security so that the users don't have this ability.

Gregg

Re: Multiple users help!!!!!!

Have you gone to Tools/Options/Advanced tab and checked the Default Open Mode and Default Record Locking Mode? That might be something that is also giving you a problem if you haven't set up the security for the database just yet. Just a thought.

Bud