Unanswered: Moving DB2 UDB v7.2 to AIX 5.2

I am trying to move a version 7.2 db from a AIX 4.3 box to a AIX 5.2 box. The new box AIX 5.2, is running a 64 bit kernel and the database is 32bit. I did find an article that DB2 UDB 7.2 is supported on AIX 5.2, but does anyone know of any AIX APAR's that I would need or any other settings that may be neccesary on either the o/s or DB2? Also, has anyone had any issues with the files systems that contain the DB2 instance and db being set up as JFS2 with Direct I/O? Are there any issue with running a 64 bit kernel with a 32 bit database?
    I am having major performance issues trying to restore the database and once it is restored the db and instance are not stable.
    Any input would be greatly appreiciated.
    Thanks,
    Ginny

Re: Moving DB2 UDB v7.2 to AIX 5.2

As long as your running 5.2 its supported for Db2 V7. You might want to check the IBM site for a list of the latest and see if you need to apply them. Were running 5.2 with no problem.

2nd, IBM recommends that you don't use JFS2, there are problems that can cause corruption. They didn't go into detail, but IBM Developers in Toranto, told us not to use it.

I havn't tried to hook a 64 bit client into a 32 bit database, but I have been told it works.

You also should make sure you at the latest FP level for DB2, or close to it. FP11 is out, but I know FP10 is pretty stable with no major bugs that we run into.
    David Quigley

Re: Moving DB2 UDB v7.2 to AIX 5.2

Thank you so much for the information. I am having trouble restoring a database to this box, could the JFS2 be a factor? Also, I realized yesterday that the database I am trying to restore has a code page of 1252 (US) and the AIX box is set to 819. Upon further investigation, I found a document that states codepage 1252 is for Windows platforms. The backup of the database came from an AIX 4.3 box that is also set to codepage 819 but the database is 1252. Could using the 1252 code page on an AIX box cause issues esp. with AIX 5.2?

Thanks again for your help.
    Ginny

We ran into a similar problem of codepage difference. You can create a target skeletal database; then modify the target db to codepage 1252; then restore the 1252backup into the target.
    mota