Unanswered: UDB Version 8.1 w/ Fixpak 2 Development Center Problem

I am wondering if anyone has encounter a problem when trying to re-build a store procedure through the Development Center. It doesn't seem to be following a pattern but lets see if I can explian what is happening.

I start by loading up Development Center and choosing the Project I need to work in. The problem seems to occur only when I try to import a Stored Procedure that has already been imported and built at an earlier time.

1. I choose import from source file and point to the new source file...
    2. I give it the proper name on screen 4 and remove check from screen 5 for the build.
    3. after I click on Finish, I go into the properties to make a few changes.
    4. Only changes I make is check marking the threadsafe and changing the jar name.
    5. I then build the Stored Procedure which seems to show no problems.
    6. I close out of Development Center and save my project.

Now the problem I have been running into is when we try to run the Stored Procedure, it is still running the OLD version of the code. We have tried cleaning out all old builds, and even tried building it under both an admin ID and the ID that will be running it.

Lastly, there seems to be no pattern of consistency. More times then not it will fail. Any ideas or thoughts, I would appreciate them.

Thanks in advance.

Ron Taylor
    DBA - State of Nevada
    Welfare Division

Re: UDB Version 8.1 w/ Fixpak 2 Development Center Problem

Hi Ron,

I dunno, but there is a dbm cfg parameter called KEEPDARI that enables to keep udfs cached - could be it caches stored procedures too. It is KEEPFENCED in DB2 version 8.

You can easiliy check if caching is the root of your problem. Just do a db2stop && db2start, and only then test your stored procedure.

Johann

Originally posted by Tala-something
    I am wondering if anyone has encounter a problem when trying to re-build a store procedure through the Development Center. It doesn't seem to be following a pattern but lets see if I can explian what is happening.

I start by loading up Development Center and choosing the Project I need to work in. The problem seems to occur only when I try to import a Stored Procedure that has already been imported and built at an earlier time.

1. I choose import from source file and point to the new source file...
    2. I give it the proper name on screen 4 and remove check from screen 5 for the build.
    3. after I click on Finish, I go into the properties to make a few changes.
    4. Only changes I make is check marking the threadsafe and changing the jar name.
    5. I then build the Stored Procedure which seems to show no problems.
    6. I close out of Development Center and save my project.

Now the problem I have been running into is when we try to run the Stored Procedure, it is still running the OLD version of the code. We have tried cleaning out all old builds, and even tried building it under both an admin ID and the ID that will be running it.

Lastly, there seems to be no pattern of consistency. More times then not it will fail. Any ideas or thoughts, I would appreciate them.

Thanks in advance.

Ron Taylor
    DBA - State of Nevada
    Welfare Division