Unanswered: Can I Install SQL Server Reporting Services on a Domain Controller

I've just got RS Enterprise Edition.
    Installed it in a Test Server, ok.
    Installed it in a DEV server, having some errors.

My DEV server is an "ALL in 1" server, which is also a Domian Controller.
    While Test Server is not a DC.

The installation was succesful but when I open RS Manager thru the web, it gives me a ASP.NET error:

Code:
    Access to the path "D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Reporting Services\ReportManager\bin" is denied. 
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Reporting Services\ReportManager\bin" is denied. 

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user. 

To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.
    I tried doing everything I can possible think of from the error message advice, including adding rights to ASPNET user from ISS to that particular folder...no success.

What I'm suspecting is I can't install RS in a DC box. But I can't find this info anyway in the web.

Anyone can point me to the correct direction or any advice?
    Patrick Chua
    LBMS ( Learn By My Self) NPQ ( No paper Qualification )

Anybody have any ideas?
    ( the trouble with posting a topic in another time zone...sigh*)
    Patrick Chua
    LBMS ( Learn By My Self) NPQ ( No paper Qualification )

I've not installed RS on a DC, but I suspect that your problem may be traced to a security/permissions issue.

Check the permissions for the folder where RS is installed. See who's on the ACL. In particular (see the error message), look for ASP.NET. ASP.NET no doesn't necessarily run as an anonymous user (depending on how you set it up). You may need to play around with the permissions some before you get it all down.

Recall that a DC has elevated security settings as compared to member servers.

I have installed RS successfully on three computers (two member servers and my laptop) with no significant issues. I don't think the issue is one of the DC, but rather permissions in general and the elevated security settings for a DC.

Regards,

hmscott