Unanswered: Access 97 and 2000 multiple user limits

I was wondering if someone could tell me if there is a limit (and what it is) on multiple users accessing (i.e. reading, writing and deleting records) an Access 97 database and the same for an Access 2000 database. So for example only x amount of users can access an Access 97 database at a time.

Thanks heaps for the information.

Google says:

http://resource-dynamics.com/htdemo2/GEN0000023.htm

Not sure how accurate it is, but...

I wouldn't want to develop an Access database for a customer that will have 255 users connected. They would do nothing but complain about how slow it is(then I'd have to divorce them). There are obviously some things you can do to increase the number of users your database can support (e.g. split database, use unbound forms), as I'm sure many people can comment on. My thoughts, with my relatively little experience, you can never (or should never) achieve the theortical limits when it comes to databases. Again, with my limited experience, I would think you wouldn't want any more than 10 people in the thing at any given time....IMO.

Curious on what other people think...

Jeff

Well we actually have an Access 97 db and we have daily crashes and there is no more than 15 to 20 people on at a time.

Multipe users on Access 97

I wrote a 97 database which gave problems when less than seven users accessed it. A few of them were locked out of a record but they were all looking at different records!