Unanswered: transaction is full???

iHi everyone
    I have a big transaction log took over all the disk space, I know I can backup the log to free the space but my backup drive is on the same drive. Is there any other way to clean the Transaction log without backing up?

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: transaction is full???

Originally posted by thanhtung2003
    iHi everyone
    I have a big transaction log took over all the disk space, I know I can backup the log to free the space but my backup drive is on the same drive. Is there any other way to clean the Transaction log without backing up?

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

if u r using sql 7 then go to enterprise manger the r click on db and truncate the log file.

if u r using sql 2000 and do not want to take backup of log.. r click on db and select properties then change the recovery mode of db, again change the recovery mode to previous one... this will empty ur log file

hope this will work..

pls reply ur experience
    Deepak Kumar
    Deep..

MCDBA
    ------------------------------------------
    How much data you can afford to lose??

Re: transaction is full???

Originally posted by deepakontheweb
    Hi,

if u r using sql 7 then go to enterprise manger the r click on db and truncate the log file.

if u r using sql 2000 and do not want to take backup of log.. r click on db and select properties then change the recovery mode of db, again change the recovery mode to previous one... this will empty ur log file

hope this will work..

pls reply ur experience
    Deepak Kumar
    thanks,
    i think so, but i do not know what happen if my database is online??
    please,