Unanswered: filtering a query?

I want to run a program that searches for emails... I am NOT email harvesting for any spamming purposes.

Basiccaly on my db I have cos with URLs but no emails. I can extract these URLs to a .txt file and run through commercial software to search the URLs for emails with another .txt output.

I want to include some filtering query in Excel/Access or other desktop program that only outputs the relevant emails i.e. when the bit after @ tallies with the bit after www. e.g. joe@bloggs.com and www.bloggs.com, thereby filtering out any 3rd party irrelevant emails.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks
    pachamama
    www.researchbank.co.uk
    Fortune Global 500 Databank

Re: filtering a query?

Originally posted by pachamama
    I want to run a program that searches for emails... I am NOT email harvesting for any spamming purposes.

Basiccaly on my db I have cos with URLs but no emails. I can extract these URLs to a .txt file and run through commercial software to search the URLs for emails with another .txt output.

I want to include some filtering query in Excel/Access or other desktop program that only outputs the relevant emails i.e. when the bit after @ tallies with the bit after www. e.g. joe@bloggs.com and www.bloggs.com, thereby filtering out any 3rd party irrelevant emails.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks

I dont follow you 100% I wont lie - the part about "Tallies with the bit after..." got me lost.

If you have a column of email address and you want to find the part after the @ symbol do this:

Code:
    SELECT substr(email_col, instr(email_col, '@')+1, length(email_col)-instr(email_col, '@'))
    from your_table
    I havent tested this, but off the top of my head it looks like it would work. Basically you go one position past the first @ symbol, and the remaining length is the length of the whole email address - the position of the @ symbol.

As far as joining with other web URL's I didnt understand that part. Hopefully this should be a good start.

thanks very much for your help

David
    pachamama
    www.researchbank.co.uk
    Fortune Global 500 Databank