Thread: ADB and DB2

Unanswered: ADB and DB2

We are encountering a some rather peculiar behavior with ADB.

We have a SQL statement that we run that takes an input parameter and returns a single row. We can execute this SQL through command line in DB2. We also execute this sql through ADB using an RPC call. We then created a stored procedure that does the exact same thing.

We can run the stored procedure from a command line. We can run the stored procedure vias RPC in ADB. But when we try to run the stored procedure using request/reply, we get the following error:

2004 Feb 18 14:54:52:562 GMT -6 reqRepTest.reqRepTest Error [Database] AEADB-100004
    Database driver code: 42724
    Database server code: -444
    Database driver message: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/6000] SQL0444N Routine "
    *eriafor7" (specific name "SQL040218144823250") is implemented with code in library or path "...getcriteriafor7", function "aimp.getcriteriafor7" which cannot be accessed.
    Reason code: "4". SQLSTATE=42724

What's weird is that this error only occurs when we try to run a stored procedure that taks an input parameter and only occurs when using request/reply mode.

DB2's answer to this error is the following:

Explanation: The DBMS is trying to access the body of the code that implements routine "<routine-name>" (specific name "<specific-name>"), and cannot access it for the reason given by reason code "<code>" (the codes are listed below). The file implementing the routine is identified by "<library-or-path>", and the function by "<function-code-id>".

The file in "<library-or-path>" could not be found. See the routine creator or your database administrator. The routine definition or the location of the routine may need to be corrected, or the routine may need to be re-linked.

Again, stored procedures have run on this box fine for months.

We're running DB2 Version 8, FixPak 4 on AIX v5. We are running ADB version 5.0

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.
    Anthony Robinson

"If I'm curt with you, it's because time is a factor here. I think fast, I talk fast, and I need you guys to act fast if you want to get out of this. So, pretty please - with sugar on top..."

Re: ADB and DB2

Hi,

looks like DB2 is looking for a nonexistent library. That library would surely have a funny name. You should open a pmr with IBM support.

Are you recent with your fixpacks?

Johann

Originally posted by ansonee
    We are encountering a some rather peculiar behavior with ADB.

We have a SQL statement that we run that takes an input parameter and returns a single row. We can execute this SQL through command line in DB2. We also execute this sql through ADB using an RPC call. We then created a stored procedure that does the exact same thing.

We can run the stored procedure from a command line. We can run the stored procedure vias RPC in ADB. But when we try to run the stored procedure using request/reply, we get the following error:

2004 Feb 18 14:54:52:562 GMT -6 reqRepTest.reqRepTest Error [Database] AEADB-100004
    Database driver code: 42724
    Database server code: -444
    Database driver message: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/6000] SQL0444N Routine "
    *eriafor7" (specific name "SQL040218144823250") is implemented with code in library or path "...getcriteriafor7", function "aimp.getcriteriafor7" which cannot be accessed.
    Reason code: "4". SQLSTATE=42724

What's weird is that this error only occurs when we try to run a stored procedure that taks an input parameter and only occurs when using request/reply mode.

DB2's answer to this error is the following:

Explanation: The DBMS is trying to access the body of the code that implements routine "<routine-name>" (specific name "<specific-name>"), and cannot access it for the reason given by reason code "<code>" (the codes are listed below). The file implementing the routine is identified by "<library-or-path>", and the function by "<function-code-id>".

The file in "<library-or-path>" could not be found. See the routine creator or your database administrator. The routine definition or the location of the routine may need to be corrected, or the routine may need to be re-linked.

Again, stored procedures have run on this box fine for months.

We're running DB2 Version 8, FixPak 4 on AIX v5. We are running ADB version 5.0

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: ADB and DB2

Originally posted by jsander
    Hi,

looks like DB2 is looking for a nonexistent library. That library would surely have a funny name. You should open a pmr with IBM support.

Are you recent with your fixpacks?

Johann
    We're running FixPak 4 on the server(AIX) and FixPak 3 on the client.

Is there something inherent about Tibco thast needs to be set/configured to properly handle input/output parameters?

Thanks!
    Anthony Robinson

"If I'm curt with you, it's because time is a factor here. I think fast, I talk fast, and I need you guys to act fast if you want to get out of this. So, pretty please - with sugar on top..."