Unanswered: Displaying userform uponing opening excel sheet

Hi there

I need help to display a userform when I open a particular excel sheet.(Meaning when I open the excel sheet, the userform will automatically appear with it).I can't seem to use the userform1.show command. Is there any vb code to do this coz I am using vb to write the code? pls help.thanks

david

Welcome to the Board!

Have you looked into a Workbook_Open event?

I.E.
    Code:
    Private Sub Workbook_Open
      UserForm1.Show
    End Sub
    That's for if you if you open a workbook, and it goes in the This Workbook module. For a sheet event, just change it to Private Sub Worksheet_Activate and put it in that sheet's module.

Hope that helps,

Smitty

Thanks

Thanks Smitty.It would perfectly.

Can I ask u another question. For the open method, I have to include the code in that workbook. If I want to use

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

UserForm1.Show

End Sub

but if the workbook's name is another like "company". Can I change the "workbook" to "company"? And where do I put the code?

Thanks

David

but if the workbook's name is another like "company". Can I change the "workbook" to "company"? And where do I put the code?
    If I think I get what you're asking regarding the ThisWorkbook module. That is a static name and will be the same regardless of the workbook's actual name.

Workbook level events go into that module. I.E. Workbook_Open, Workbook_BeforeClose, Workbook_BeforePrint, etc. Event names are always the same (partially to keep you sane), so SmittysNewWorkbook_Open wouldn't do a damn thing, but Workbook_Open within Smitty's New Workbook would.

Worksheet level events go in the specific sheet modules, Worksheet_Activate, Worksheet_Deactivate. Both are Private Subs. ActiveX Control code is also stored in these modules. I.E. if you place a Control Toolbox Command Button in a worksheet, its code goes in that sheet's module.

General Subs, which can be called from anywhere in the workbook go in General Modules, which you place by going to Insert-->Module. Converse to ActiveX controls, Forms controls are assigned macros stored in General modules.

Clear as mud now?

Hope that helps,

Smitty