Exclamation Unanswered: How to replicate offline DB's to Central DB

I have a scenario where there are around 150 Offline Remote Databases
    (no DBA's at remote sites) using Oracle 8i as backend and I have one Online Cetralize Database.No connectivity with central DB, the only Connectivity with offline db's to Centrial DB is through FTP. I need to regularly update the Offline remote DB's to Centralize Server. Is there any way where i can Synchornize Central DB. Can you suggest a better approach for the
    above OFFLINE Scenerio Only changed information from 150 offline db's has to reflect. Initialy The size of the databases aprox 2MB.

Is there Any Possiblity with snapshot without connectivity (Only FTP)

Or
    Storing DML statement at offline db in a table and export that table and transfer the file with FTP, Is there any possiblity of deadlocks at Remote DB.

Thanks in Advance

Can you please tell me what is offline DB? Is it something like every day they are shutdown at evening (or any time) and then next day they are started again?.
    Bhavin

MS Computer Science
    OCP DBA 9i/8i

offline(no online connection) db - daliy shutdown,connectivity with central is through FTP.

How do i reflect the changes made at remote server to central server

Hi Praveen,

It seems that these(Offline) databses are not connected to the Central DB using Oracle NET8 .

Storing DML statement at offline db in a table and export that table and transfer the file with FTP
    Yes, You can use the exp and then transfer these dmps from offline DB to central DB using FTP. But, in this case You will face big problem of CONFLICT RESOLUTION. How will you resolve the conflict? So I would not advice you to use that method.

The safe method is to Configure the Oracle Advance Replication

HTH
    Bhavin

MS Computer Science
    OCP DBA 9i/8i

OFFLINE Instantiation
    ------------------------
    Mater siter:-
    Setting Up Master Site at All Offline Remote server(150 no's)

Snapshot Site
    Setting up Snapshot Site at Central server

To configure the above scenerio, do we require any connectivity between offline server to central server at the time of DBMS_REPCAT.CREATE_SNAPSHOT_REPGROUP, DBMS_OFFLINE_SNAPSHOT.BEGIN_LOAD (
    gname => 'SCOTT_MG',
    sname => 'SCOTT',
    master_site => 'ORC1.WORLD',
    snapshot_oname => 'SNAP_EMP'), dbms_offline.refresh