Unanswered: moving a row from a table to another table

hallo,
    I have two table: contract, oldcontract. They have the same structure. I would like to move a row from a table to the other one.
    The code I'm using is the following and the error I get is: "Con_ID is an unknown field name"... any ideas?

Dim sql As String
    Dim sql2 As String

sql = "INSERT INTO tbl_OldContract SELECT * FROM tbl_Contract WHERE Con_ID =" & Me.Tim_ContractID & ";"

sql2 = "DELETE * FROM tbl_Contract WHERE Con_ID =" & Me.Tim_ContractID & ";"

DoCmd.RunSQL sql1
    DoCmd.RunSQL sql2

Re: moving a row from a table to another table

Originally posted by Davide77
    hallo,
    I have two table: contract, oldcontract. They have the same structure. I would like to move a row from a table to the other one.
    The code I'm using is the following and the error I get is: "Con_ID is an unknown field name"... any ideas?

Dim sql As String
    Dim sql2 As String

sql = "INSERT INTO tbl_OldContract SELECT * FROM tbl_Contract WHERE Con_ID =" & Me.Tim_ContractID & ";"

DoCmd.RunSQL sql1
    DoCmd.RunSQL sql2
    Your code have a bug.
    Try with this.
    YourControlName.Value should replace with other properties depend on your control type.

sql1 = "INSERT INTO tbl_OldContract SELECT * FROM tbl_Contract WHERE Con_ID = '" & YourControlName.value & "'"

sql2 = "DELETE * FROM tbl_Contract WHERE Con_ID = '" & YourControlName.Value & "';"

good luck!
    Cyber : The easiest place to make huge mistake.

Re: moving a row from a table to another table

Originally posted by Davide77
    hallo,

Dim sql As String
    Dim sql2 As String

DoCmd.RunSQL sql1
    DoCmd.RunSQL sql2
    DavidE, do you have a Field in either table called Con_ID??? Check spelling etc. Just a thought.

Bud