Unanswered: Multiple checkboxes... relative links

If I create a checkbox in a cell and assign a cell link then highlight the cell and drag the bottom right hand corner down my spreadsheet I get x amount of checkboxes all linking to the original cell.

Is there any way of getting the checkboxes to automatically link to their relative cells?

Are you using the checkbox from the Forms Toolbar? If so, right click the checkbox, and select Format Control. Then choose "Control" tab, and in the cell link, take out the $ sign in front of the row reference.

If you are using the Check box from the Control Toolbar, then right-click it and select "Properties, and go to Linked Cell, and put in the cell without the $ before the rwo reference.
    old, slow, and confused
    but at least I'm inconsistent!

Rich
    (retired Excel 2003 user, 3/28/2008)

How to ask a question on forums

Originally posted by shades
    Are you using the checkbox from the Forms Toolbar? If so, right click the checkbox, and select Format Control. Then choose "Control" tab, and in the cell link, take out the $ sign in front of the row reference.

If you are using the Check box from the Control Toolbar, then right-click it and select "Properties, and go to Linked Cell, and put in the cell without the $ before the rwo reference.
    Thank you for your reply but I can't get that to work... please see attachment, I'm creating one cell with a checkbox, linking the checkbox to that cell, then trying to create many rows with checkboxes linking to their own cells. (In the example they all link to A1)

I can't do this manually as I will require this for hundreds of rows. I've played around with it for a while but don't seem to be getting anywhere.

I know I could write a VB script to do it but I'm convinced there is a simpler way
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails example.jpg  
    Last edited by GrahamJewkes; 02-20-04 at 12:02.