Unanswered: DTS and permissions

I'm developing a DTS package which will be scheduled and will write files out to a LAN share. When I execute the package manually from enterprise manager it works just fine. But when scheduled..fails with a access denied. Can someone point me towards the area I need to fix this? I'm running the SQL server under the System account.

Thanks,
    E

Yeah...when you run the DTS package from your client, it runs under the context of your id (not to mention the mapped paths that you have).

When it's scheduled it runs under the context of the sql server service account (not to mention it's mapped drives)

Drove me NIUTS when I installed 7

What Id di was to map one of my drive to look exactly as the servers D:\ Drive

That way If I ran it or scheduled a package it would run fine....

If your problem is that you're trying t write from the server to another server, you'll need permissions for the sql server service account to that other server...

Why not write it out to the server itself if that's the case....

Good Luck
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

Re: DTS and permissions

Hi, lil_elvis2000

You should configure a domain user account to run SQL Server Service and SQL Server Agent Service.
    You also have to grant write permission to that account on the lan share.

Regards,

Originally posted by lil_elvis2000
    I'm developing a DTS package which will be scheduled and will write files out to a LAN share. When I execute the package manually from enterprise manager it works just fine. But when scheduled..fails with a access denied. Can someone point me towards the area I need to fix this? I'm running the SQL server under the System account.

Thanks,
    E