Thread: Form building

Unanswered: Form building

***WARNING-- I am a Telecom Geek, and really am not a programmer type***

I've got 2 tables set up that I derived from Excel spreadsheets. In these tables, I am holding circuit record information from 2 separate systems. We are trying to come up with a single master list I can use to populate a new remedy based product. Now here's where I run into problems. I generate a form using the fields I want to compare, and have the relationships set up for the only common field, which is circuit ID. I get the form to come up nicely, but I can't edit my data. I've checked all the properties that the excel help sheet recommends, and it still doesnt work. Any ideas/suggestions?

Geek

Open your query and try to change the data. If you cannot, then your query is not updatable. If this is the case, then post your query here.

Other ideas, create one table that can handle data from the 2 existing tables and do two append queries. This will be easier to make your form.

Actually, I just figured it out. I just did sub forms using the common ID on the main form, and the 2 sub forms with the data from the individual tables. Worked great.

Tim