Unanswered: I want to learn more about Oracle....

I'm a junior in college studying Information Systems (my concentration is in programming). I also work in the department as a network tech. I help support our 3 labs, our faculty, and our server room which consists of a range of technologies. We run 6 Oracle servers, 3 of which are used in production and the others are backups. We also run Sun servers (Solaris 9), an AS400, and about 20 Dell servers (Windows 2003 and RedHat AS). So I have plenty of hardware to work with in my venture. My goal is to learn more about Oracle from the DBA perspective. I use Oracle regularly for a backend to our department website and other data needs, but that is from the user side.

Does anyone have any advice, books, or just general comments to offer me? I'm not exactly looking to be a DBA once I leave college, but the option would be nice. Plus, I figure any knowledge of a system such as Oracle would be benefical in my work as a programmer.

Re: I want to learn more about Oracle....

Hi,

Please go to otn.oracle.com and register yourself. Its completely free. There is lot of documents. examples, and downloads to study and implement.
    G J Shankar Nath
    IT Consultant, Vedswasti Services Pvt. Ltd
    Guwahati-781007
    India

Re: I want to learn more about Oracle....

Originally posted by gjsnath
    Hi,

Please go to otn.oracle.com and register yourself. Its completely free. There is lot of documents. examples, and downloads to study and implement.
    tahiti.oracle.com