Question Unanswered: Is Excel Custom Toolbar Right for the Job

I decided to use a custom toolbar button for an Excel 2000 spreadsheet instead of a command button on the sheet. When I move the workbook to another directory on a different computer, and click the custom button, it does not work. When I edit the properties and choose assign macro, I see that is is assigned to the correct macro name but in the directory name where the workbook was created. Unfortunately the error message I got had nothing to do with finding the macro, but stated that a workbook with the same name was already open, and this was not in debug mode. Putting a debug break point in the macro had no effect.

Question: is the custom toolbar button the wrong tool to use, especially in a workbook that will be distributed to others?

Thanks.
    Jerry

This change made it work: I moved the VBA code behind the custom toolbar buttons from Module1 to "Sheet1 (Sheet1)", re-assigned the "sheet1" macro to the button, and now the process does not look in a specific directory for the macro as it previously did.
    This part is solved.

Now if anyone has insite about what impact custom toolbar buttons will have on a distributed workbook, I would appreciate your advice. If I automatically make them invisible when closing the workbook, and distribute the workbook for others to use, will they have the "invisible buttons" forever on their toolbars, that started with my workbook?

Thanks.
    Jerry