Question Unanswered: need some help and favor

hello frenz
    i want a help and favour i wanted to know abt the links for tutorials for report 6i and forms 6i . i want a thorough knowledge of the components and activex so that i can update my knowledge for better programming in oracle d2k. how can we program excel and ms word etc.
    i'll be highly obliged
    Rishabh Agarwal

Re: need some help and favor

The best way to learn reports and forms is to work with someone who knows them on a long term basis and absorb what this person knows. This goes for almost any skill set you will want to acquire.

The next best is to install the product and use it and learn by doing. You can get a copy of forms and reports at otn.oracle.com (sign-up required). The experience of implementing a project with these tools will be a very good teacher, and its how a lot of folks learned.

After the two steps above, you should consider the product manuals and 3rd party books which you can find by searching google. NO book or manual (or online tutorial) will be able to help you nearly as much as just jumping in and trying it.

Once you master forms and reports (and the database management system behind them) then you can use the same approach to take on activex and other subjects.

HTH
    Cliff

Originally posted by rishabh
    hello frenz
    i want a help and favour i wanted to know abt the links for tutorials for report 6i and forms 6i . i want a thorough knowledge of the components and activex so that i can update my knowledge for better programming in oracle d2k. how can we program excel and ms word etc.
    i'll be highly obliged
    It was working just 5 minutes ago - I promise !