Unanswered: Verifying if DB2 Connect is installed

I'm trying to figure out if DB2 Connect is installed or not, but get conflicting information depending on who I ask.

On a Red Hat 7.3 server if I run db2level I get the following output:

DB21085I Instance "db2admin" uses DB2 code release "SQL07023" with level identifier "03040105" and informational tokens "DB2 v7.1.0.55", "s011211" and "U480366".

'rpm -qa |grep db2' gives this:

db2cliv71-7.1.0-55
    db2cnvc71-7.1.0-55
    db2cucs71-7.1.0-55
    db2cnvk71-7.1.0-55
    db2cnvt71-7.1.0-55
    db2cnvj71-7.1.0-55
    db2jdbc71-7.1.0-55

Nothing there obviously says to me that DB2 Connect is installed and an IBM support rep thinks the same thing, but the developer of our app claims it is installed.

Thanks.

Re: Verifying if DB2 Connect is installed

You do not have Connect installed ... The rpm for DB2 connect is db2conn71-7.1.0-55
    (Refer to manually installing DB2 Connect on Linux in the Quick Beginnings Guide)

You can also do a db2licm -l to see the status of DB2 Connect license ... If Connect is not listed, then you do not have the s/w installed

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

DB2 Connect could be installed on the client machine or an application server.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Thank you very much. We're doing DBA by committee over here, which is something I'd recommend against.

??

Originally posted by shakin
    Thank you very much. We're doing DBA by committee over here, which is something I'd recommend against.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Hi shakin,

Marcus and Sathyaram are both right.

From the rpm listing you can see DB2 Connect is not installed locally, i.e. on the computer you did the rpm command on.

On the other hand, there may be a DB2 Connect installation somewhere else on a gateway computer.

If DB2 Connect is installed and properly configured you can make a connection to your mainframe database (you do have a mainframe database, otherwise DB2 Connect just doesn't make any sense). Can you?

If so, do a

$ db2 list database directory

to find the node the database is cataloged under, and then do

$ db2 list node directory

to help identify the node. Then check on that node, if DB2 Connect is installed.

Johann

Originally posted by shakin