Unanswered: SQL to Delete Relationships

Here is the deal, I need to write ADO Code or SQL statement to delete relationships in an existing DB.

I would just go and manually delete the relationships, however, this DB is at multiple locations, and my customer, doesn't want to interupt each location for a day while they send me the database, and i make all the structures changes I need to (a lot of more changes then just deleting relationships, due to a major requirement change), and then send it back.

I am in the processing of writing a VB script to do all the changes I need, but deleting relationships is my last road block.

I'm assuming that with SQL I need an "Alter Tabel Del Constriant" statement, but I can't find any examples of the syntax.

Thanks.

S-

Smile Re: SQL to Delete Relationships

Originally posted by sbaxter
    Here is the deal, I need to write ADO Code or SQL statement to delete relationships in an existing DB.

I would just go and manually delete the relationships, however, this DB is at multiple locations, and my customer, doesn't want to interupt each location for a day while they send me the database, and i make all the structures changes I need to (a lot of more changes then just deleting relationships, due to a major requirement change), and then send it back.

I am in the processing of writing a VB script to do all the changes I need, but deleting relationships is my last road block.

I'm assuming that with SQL I need an "Alter Tabel Del Constriant" statement, but I can't find any examples of the syntax.

Thanks.

S-
    Using ADO, I was able to remove relationships like this:

Private Sub cmdRemoveRelationship_Click()

Dim cat1 As ADOX.Catalog, tbl As ADOX.Table, key1 As ADOX.key

Set cat1 = New ADOX.Catalog
    cat1.ActiveConnection = cnn
    (I declared and set the connection previously)
    Set tbl = cat1.Tables("Table Name")
    Set key1 = tbl.Keys("Key Name")
    tbl.Keys.Delete(Key1.Name)

Set cat1 = Nothing
    Set tbl = Nothing
    Set key

End Sub

...Or something to that effect.
    Gregg

DAO, ADO, SQL, Automation and anything else I can pick up.

Thanks basicmek

That worked great,

out of curosity, is there a way to do this with an SQL statement?

S-

IF you're connected to MS SQL , you can do anything via SQL batch, but I doubt that there is no way to do this in MDB (jet)
    MDB, ADP <-> MS SQL + VBA, ADO & RDO, .NET, Oracle, Java/Jsp.