Post Unanswered: error to dbase connect : Unexpected Error From External Database Driver

I was trying to import a DBASE IV with DAO in VB, but I'm getting this error message to some computers: Unexpected Error From External Database Driver . Please help!

Thanks.

I gather from your post that this isn't a problem that is occurring on all machines you are running the app on, correct? If that's the case, then here are a few things you can check.

Are you using ODBC for the import process? If so make sure you have the ODBC settings across machines set properly.

If you aren't using ODBC, then you should check the version of the driver you are specifying in your DAO connect string. There may be a version compatibility issue between your machines.

If the app is running in a networked environment then this may be a security rights issue. Make sure that the user has proper access rights to the directory containing your database.

error connecting Paradox tables from Access

I had same problem as you refer to

the solution was:

Open the Borland Database Administrator (BDE) and have a look to:

Configuration

Drivers

Native

Paradox

NET DIR

The users MUST have access in Change on the folder specified under ‘NET DIR’, where Paradox updates the file PDOXUSRS.NET.

Piero