Portugal Caxias

Unanswered: Connection string with Borland C#

I am using C# of borland, personal version none commercial. I have an old application runing under Paradox files 5.x and 7.x. I have isolate a subset of PAradox 5.x files in a teste directory.

1 - Connection string with borland C#
    I have a set of paradox 5.x files in a directory, and want to access them via C# connection string that doesnot support DSN.

So I have tried to use connection string without success.

I have try this connection string: Data Source=C:\Program Files\DECIS\STP\DATA; Extended Properties=Paradox 5.x; as I have the MSSQL Server.

It gave me a Invalid Connection.
    Do you have a clue?

2 - ODBC driver for Paradox
    When I try to create a DSN with Microsoft Paradox Driver, it work fine, but in the BDE, it gives an error (Invariant variant type conversion).

Microsoft Paradox Driver is 4.00.6019.00
    BDE is version 5.01 (coming with Windows XP pro)

Are those versions consistants?
    Do you have a clue ?

3 - Solution to access files Paradox 7.0
    Well I know about Merant driver, but I can't afford this cost (100 per station / resell by 5 driver min.). What can you suggest ?

Thank you in advance,

Bologna - Italy
    I think the simplest and more reliable solution is to use the BDE directly from the borland compiler, buying the Pro version if necessary.

Using anything besides Borland Database Engine to access Pdox tables under a Borland compiler is a pure nonsense, since you're adding layers and using other engines when you've got the DB engine Pdox is written in, the BDE.
    The only failure is not trying to do it.