Unanswered: btrieve 5.10a & Crystal Reports

I'm doing some beginning research on Btrieve 5.10a & Crystal Reports. Our very small company has been using TAS Advanced Accounting with Btrieve 5.10a while running a Novell Netware 5 server for many years. We can't afford to upgrade anything right now, but we need to get more information out of Btrieve. Someone suggested Crystal Reports. Is there a version of Crystal Reports available that would be compatible with Btrieve 5.10a???
    Thanks!

Provided Answers: 4
    If your application is using Btrieve v5.10a for WIndows and you've got a 16bit version of Crystal Reports, and you've got DDFs for the data files, you can access your data without upgrading.
    If you're missing the DDFs, you might be able to create them if you know the structure of the records or you can contact the vendor for the DDFs.
    You might be able to run a newer version of the Pervasive engine on one machine and access the data.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

We're using Btrieve 5.10a for DOS. No DDF files.

Provided Answers: 4
    Because you're using Btrieve for DOS, you're going to be extremely limited.
    You've only really got two options.
    1: Upgrade all of the engines/clients to Pervasive.SQL V8 and then either build or get DDFs. Then you can use ODBC or the native driver for Crystal.
    2: Copy the data to an unused workstation and then upgrade that one machine to Pervasive.SQL V8, get/build the DDFs. Then you'll be able to use that machine for the Crystal reports..
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.