Unanswered: MS Access to Microsft Word NO IDEA!

Hello eveyone,

I have a problem, here it goes....

I have a database and in that database I can creat a report for orders from customers. This report actutally is a invoice. So in a form if i choose a specific order and click on Print Invoice. an automatic Report opens up and shows the invoice....but of course to send to the customers I have to write a opening letter which goes over small details from the Invoice...

Currently I am opening a saved opening letter and changing the To, Invoice number and invoice amount in the letters but of course it is too much when I have to handle like 30 or them for each customer, I am a human sometimes I make mistakes writing the opening letter in ms word.

Well I want to do some thing that in Access when I priview the report and click on a button that word document opens with the values from the current report that I am viewing....

is it possible to do this....I am really new in ms access and I want to save some time in work...Please help me

Thanks a lot in advance..

Re: MS Access to Microsft Word NO IDEA!

Originally posted by emree
    Well I want to do some thing that in Access when I priview the report and click on a button that word document opens with the values from the current report that I am viewing....
    In Word: Tools/Letters and Mailing - Show Mail merge Toolbar. The first two buttons is type of document and data source. With the data source, point to the query that the report is based on. Then, place the cursor where you want to insert fields from the query, and use the toolbar to choose which field to link to for each place in your document.

Daniel.

i kind of get it but i want to get the values from current report that I am viewing...like in the report if i press a key like F3 than microsoft word opens up with the opening letter and inserts the values form the report....is it possible

i kind of get it but i want to get the values from current report that I am viewing...like in the report if i press a key like F3 than microsoft word opens up with the opening letter and inserts the values form the report....is it possible
    You can include a command button that opens that Word document, for one, but the data on the report is "really" coming from a query, no? Link the word document to that query and you will get those data. However, if several users are using and perhaps changing the underlying data between the report is opened and you have finished in Word, then that is not a good solution. Perhaps using a temporary table or even place the text of the letter as the first page of the very report in Access is then better. You do not need word for the letter at all, although it is not very convenient to shape the text in a report. But it is a one-time job, right? If the default text in the letter would not change very much, I would suggest you integrate the whole letter in the access report. There is a setting that lets you force a page break inside a report, you can paste and format the letter text into one or more standard text boxes.

D.

ohhh thanks you know what i will do I will make the letter first page...I have alrweady got a page how can I insert a page before it...do you know...I am soory i know i am a noob

ohhh thanks you know what i will do I will make the letter first page...I have alrweady got a page how can I insert a page before it...do you know...I am soory i know i am a noob
    No need to excuse yourself, this is what this forum is for

In each of the "sections", say - page header/footer, form header/footer, any grouping section you may add, and in the details section itself, there are options to force page bread before or after - click in the whitespace of a section and look in the properties box. You may have to show the header/footer of page or form from the View menu first.

But there is also a "Page Break Tool" - just by the Tab Control in the Toolbox.

I guess the latter is what you need in this particular case.

Daniel.