Unanswered: Access must now close...

I've developed an application in Access XP on a computer running the XP operationg system. The Access application was developed in Access 2000 mode. However, when I install it on a computer running Win 2K Professional using Access 2000, when I try to select an item from a combo box (which runs a select query to select everything with that item name) or even just open a form, I get an error message which just states that there is an error, and Access must now close.

The application runs perfectly on my system. I have attempted to catch errors withing every event, yet I do not get an error message from any code that I have written. If I step through the code it works perfectly.

Has anyone else had this problem, and would anybody know how to fix it?
    Disk space, the final frontier...

Cool

Had something similar migrating databases back to '97 from XP. Basically the only way we got round it was to create a blank database and import everythin from the converted database into it. The problem, for us, was that a module was completely corrpupted, but not reported as such by Access.

Basically the code was corrupted and could be seen to contain garbage, but for some reason Access didn't pick up on this and crashed, even when that code wasn't being called.

The way we got the code ino the '97 database was to open it up in XP then cut and paste the code into a module in the '97 version (hope that makes sense).

Hope that helps.

try to complie your whole code in your app, then compact the db.
    MDB, ADP <-> MS SQL + VBA, ADO & RDO, .NET, Oracle, Java/Jsp.

Re: Access must now close...

Originally posted by justavisita
    I've developed an application in Access XP on a computer running the XP operationg system. The Access application was developed in Access 2000 mode. However, when I install it on a computer running Win 2K Professional using Access 2000, when I try to select an item from a combo box (which runs a select query to select everything with that item name) or even just open a form, I get an error message which just states that there is an error, and Access must now close.

The application runs perfectly on my system. I have attempted to catch errors withing every event, yet I do not get an error message from any code that I have written. If I step through the code it works perfectly.

Has anyone else had this problem, and would anybody know how to fix it?
    XP has different run-time libraries ... What you need to do is compile the app on the 2000 machine using Access 2000.

Thanks everyone, I'll try that.
    Disk space, the final frontier...