I am trying to get an Oracle 8.1.7 database on Windows 2k up and running.
I have an export of a db from Oracle 8.1.7 on Unix, export done using 'sys'.
I essentially want to import this dmp file into an Oracle db installed on a Win2k machine. Here are the steps that I tried:
- Export the .dmp file from Oracle running on unix as sys user.
- Install Oracle 8.1.7, during the install created the default db with an SID of say ‘gold’.
- Connected to the db through DBStudio and start up this db ‘gold’.
- Now from the command prompt I navigate to the Oracle\ora81\bin directory and try the import of my dmp file.
- I type ‘imp’ at the prompt, login as sys user that was created during the install.
- Then I accept all the default prompts other than the last one, which is to import all the data.
Now it starts the import however I get a lot of repetitive errors like :
“Object can’t be created because it already exists” or “User not created.” I have tried this import several times using a diff user or specifying the db to import to and creation of a log file. All the times I get the same error.
What step am I missing. Is there something that needs to be done when the install is done, but just before the import?