Unanswered: Problem creating a DB

Hello,

I'm installing DB2 Content Manager v8.2 for windows 2003 server.
    When I run the script for creating the CM database I get the following error :

19/02/2004 16:47:39 CREATE database ICMNLSDB ON D: USING CODESET UTF-8 TERRITORY US
    19/02/2004 16:47:39 SQL30082N La tentative de connexion a échoué avec le code sécurité "24" ("USERNAME AND/OR PASSWORD INVALID"). SQLSTATE=08001

... sorry it is in french ;-p .... it says that it couldn't connect and the security return code is 24....

I'm using a user from the domain to install CM, I think that my user don't have SYSADM privilege, but this user from the domain is a local administrator so it should be granted SYSADM privilege.... I've tried to create a local group "dbadmin" and added my user account from the domain to that group, and I've executed the following command :
    UPDATE DBM CFG USING SYSADM_GROUP dbadmin

But the script provided by IBM to create the Content Manager library server database don't create it and I still have hte same mesage.

How can I check if my user acount has SYSADM privilege? Any other idea?

Thank you.

a] For domain level authentication:

* Ensure you have logged into the machine as domain user id.
    * Assign all local rights to the domain user id i.e
    - act as part of O/s
    - create token object
    - log on as a service
    * Add the domain user to the administrator group.
    * Restart your system.

This should take care of domain level user authentication part. So, test out "create database" command. We have a similiar set up out here....and it is working fine.

b] The other option is: logout from domain user account and login as db2admin user and execute "create database" command again -- this should work as well.

Hope this helps.

Provided Answers: 1

Re: Problem creating a DB

Originally posted by phanmi

I'm using a user from the domain to install CM, I think that my user don't have SYSADM privilege, but this user from the domain is a local administrator so it should be granted SYSADM privilege.... I've tried to create a local group "dbadmin" and added my user account from the domain to that group, and I've executed the following command :
    UPDATE DBM CFG USING SYSADM_GROUP dbadmin

This seems to be a pretty frequently asked question...

To quote myself:
    By default DB2 uses the domain's "Administrators" group, not the local one. To make it check for authorization locally use:

db2set DB2_GRP_LOOKUP=local

Re: Problem creating a DB

Originally posted by n_i
    This seems to be a pretty frequently asked question...

To quote myself:

My DB2_GRP_LOOKUP registry variable was already set to local and I've already granted my user from the domain with the following rights :
    _ Act part as the operating system
    _ create token
    _ Open a session as a service
    _ Replace a process level token

Adding the user from the domain to the local Administrators group should have worked, I've done it many times on windows 2000 ... Why it won't work under Windows 2003 server? Is it an OS problem? Any suggestions?

I'm using DB2 ESE v8.1 fp4.... and want to install DB2 Content Manager v8.2 fp3 :'(