Unanswered: Data type mismatch?

I'm getting a strange error on a seemingly simple bit of code. The following is getting "Run Time Error 13: Type Mismatch".

The variable below, "tag44", is a declared Variant passed from another subroutine. Although not specified, it is always a string and one of four values, "BTO","STO","BTC","STC". When the error occurs, it is at the third of three subroutines, and the variable has been successfully passed from the previous two already. None of the others specify the variable as a string.

Sub PostTrade(tag12, tag39, tag44, etc.)

'tag44 currently = "BTO"

If tag44 = "BTC" Or "STC" Then
    'Call ClosePosition()
    Else
    'Call OpenPosition()
    End If

End Sub

Smile Re: Data type mismatch?

Originally posted by jrn0074
    I'm getting a strange error on a seemingly simple bit of code. The following is getting "Run Time Error 13: Type Mismatch".

The variable below, "tag44", is a declared Variant passed from another subroutine. Although not specified, it is always a string and one of four values, "BTO","STO","BTC","STC". When the error occurs, it is at the third of three subroutines, and the variable has been successfully passed from the previous two already. None of the others specify the variable as a string.

'tag44 currently = "BTO"

'Call ClosePosition()
    Else
    'Call OpenPosition()
    End If

End Sub
    Try If tag44 = "BTC" Or tag44 = "STC" Then
    Gregg

DAO, ADO, SQL, Automation and anything else I can pick up.

Re: Data type mismatch?

Originally posted by jrn0074

'tag44 currently = "BTO"

'Call ClosePosition()
    Else
    'Call OpenPosition()
    End If

End Sub
    This line is invalid: "If tag44 = "BTC" Or "STC" Then"

Try something like: If tag44 = "BTC" Or tag44 = "STC" Then

Ah hem ... I see I was beaten to the punch ...