Thread: WordMerge

Question Unanswered: WordMerge

I have merged table info. into a contract in Word. Here's my problem: the currency fields (shown as $100.00 in Access table) show up as 100 once merged. Why is this, and what can I do to make it show up as $100.00 in the contract?

Thanks!
    Heather

You have to format the field in Word. Whatever document you merged the data into, find the field and then right click on the field and Edit Field. There you should be able to change the format to something like $#,##0.00;($#,##0.00).

Thanks alot...but...right click doesn't give me an edit option... o_0?

Any other suggestions?? This is driving me nuts, because I know the solution is probably staring me in the face!
    Heather

Bump

I wonder if I need to format my fields differently in Access itself...or if it's just a formatting thing with Word...I'm at a loss.

I could really use some help with this, if anyone has ideas...under the gun to get some contracts signed this week

Thanks alot!
    Heather

Smile

Originally posted by chipperhoney
    Bump

I wonder if I need to format my fields differently in Access itself...or if it's just a formatting thing with Word...I'm at a loss.

I could really use some help with this, if anyone has ideas...under the gun to get some contracts signed this week

Thanks alot!
    If no one gives you some help, I'll look at it tonight.

I usually like to test what I suggest. Work gets in the way.
    Gregg

DAO, ADO, SQL, Automation and anything else I can pick up.

Thanks, Gregg...again, any suggestions are greatly appreciated

(I was about 2 minutes away from throwing my computer out the window!)
    Heather

One other thing you can do is to format the number as currency then convert it into a string before you merge it into Word. Try this:

CStr(Format([ContractAmt],"Currency"))

Use your field name instead of ContractAmt.

Smile

Originally posted by chipperhoney
    Thanks, Gregg...again, any suggestions are greatly appreciated

(I was about 2 minutes away from throwing my computer out the window!)
    I'm going to assume that you are not doing this through code, and are just setting up a mail merge document and linking to the Access table data source. I'm also going to assume (possibly incorrectly) that additional formatting from the Access end on top of the already defined currency format that you have isn't going to change anything.

First of all, I'm sorry to say, that using MS Office 2003 probably isn't helping me help you.
    When I set up a merged document and set some currency fields on the page, they retained their currency status. So, I stuck an integer data field on the page and proceeded to discover switches in Word. What I had to do in 2003 was to press Alt + F9 to reveal the formatting codes. The fields were displayed as {MergeField "OrigQtr"}. OrigQtr was the name of the field that I was experimenting on. According to the online help in Word, the swicth that I needed to use and apply to the format code was \# $#,###.00. I entered this value between the "OrigQtr" part and the last }. There it was, an integer displayed as currency.

See if that helps. I can't say that I ever did a merged document that had currency values displayed in it with earlier versions of Office, so I can't give you differences between the versions. Hopefully, they haven't changed too much.

Good Luck.
    Gregg

DAO, ADO, SQL, Automation and anything else I can pick up.

Thank you all! I'm running Office 2000, but the code trick worked perfectly!
    Heather