Unanswered: help turning sqltrace on OID user

Hi,

I am trying to use Extended SQL trace tracing on a specific user. The user is connecting via appserver with global authentication.

I normally use the alter session set events '10046... command to start a tracing file. But, our application uses a sharedschema username with global authentication. Each time I try and track data for this user, nothing happens. By nothing, I mean that no .trc file is created.

I tried using a logon trigger to track them when they connect, but I guess using OID is doing a connect that doesn't properly fire this trigger. I am not sure I understand how this works.

Is there some trick that I can use to trace this user?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Vaughn
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. "
    - Albert Einstein

There is an article on metalink which explains how to do this:

Note:185466.1 How To Setup OID for Extended Tracing

The MetaLink link did not cover anything I was trying to do.

I am not sure, but I may have stumbled onto the problem...

After looking further into it, I found that the session was changing from server="SHARED" status="ACTIVE" to server="PSEUDO" status="INACTIVE" whenever it wasn't doing anything. The second I did a search or some other form of DB activity, it switched back to "Shared - Active." I wonder if this is why I can't get a trace session going for the user...

Our App is using JDBC OCI connection pooling and proxy authentification with EUS (Enterprise User Security). I am pretty sure this is where my tracing problems stem from.

My next step is to work with the developers and get the App to do manual tracing.

-Rip
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. "
    - Albert Einstein