Unanswered: Suppress Header in Crystal Reports 9.0

I have a report that I have built with Crystal Reports 9.0. The report works ok except I cannot figure out how to suppress a header based on the suppression of a different footer.

eg: my report looks similar to the following:

GH1 - Data
    GH2 - Data
    GH3 - Data
    GH4 - Suppressed
    D - Suppressed
    GF4 - Summarizes two different dates and then calculates the difference between the two days excluding weekends and bank holidays (uses VB syntax). I am suppressing this footer if the result of the date difference calculation is zero.
    GF3 - Suppressed
    GF2 - Suppressed
    GF1 - Suppressed

My question is how to suppress the GH3 if all of the GF4's in this group are suppressed. I have tried to summarize the GF4 date difference formula into GF3 but Crystal will not let me summarize this field. Likewise it will not let me create a running total on this field. I do not know why it will not let me do either of these and I cannot figure out another way to suppress GH3.

Any help would be gratefully received. I have attached the report if that helps.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

put a summary feild for GH3. If it's 0 then supress GH3. BTW, The summary field doesn't actualy have to apear on the report.

Originally posted by sammydafish
    put a summary feild for GH3. If it's 0 then supress GH3. BTW, The summary field doesn't actualy have to apear on the report.
    I have tried that but Crystal will not let me summarize that field and I do not know why. Could it be because the calculation is VB syntax and not Crystal syntax?

Originally posted by gavinw71
    I have tried that but Crystal will not let me summarize that field and I do not know why. Could it be because the calculation is VB syntax and not Crystal syntax?
    maybe. try this. create a crystal formula field, who's result is the value of your other calculated field (you may want to ensure the type is a number)... then try to summarize that.

Thanks for the suggestion - unfortunately that did not work either. There is something preventing Crystal from recognizing my formula (or a formula field pointing to the formula) as a field that can be summarized. I have officially run out of ideas. Is there any way I can email the file to you to look at?

Thanks again