Unanswered: Code help...

I need some help with my SQL...

How can I put Fixed = True

I already have it to where it selects all records that have a REJ = y

I need for it to display all records that have a REJ = Y or Fixed = True

Fixed is a Yes/No field ..

SELECT T.INSP, T.ACC
    FROM tblInspections AS T
    WHERE (((T.REJ)="y") AND ((T.strDate) Between [Forms]![Form2]![txtStartOpen2] And [Forms]![Form2]![txtStartEnd2])) OR (((T.strDate) Between [Forms]![Form2]![txtStartOpen2] And [Forms]![Form2]![txtStartEnd2])) OR (((T.REJ)="y") AND ((IsNull([Forms]![Form2]![txtStartOpen2]))<>False)) OR (((T.REJ)="y") AND ((IsNull([Forms]![Form2]![txtStartEnd2]))<>False));

Thanks!

Just for the heck of it try:

SELECT T.INSP, T.ACC
    FROM tblInspections AS T
    WHERE ((((T.REJ)="y") OR (T.Fixed)="Yes")) AND ((T.strDate) Between [Forms]![Form2]![txtStartOpen2] And [Forms]![Form2]![txtStartEnd2])) OR (((T.strDate) Between [Forms]![Form2]![txtStartOpen2] And [Forms]![Form2]![txtStartEnd2])) OR (((T.REJ)="y") AND ((IsNull([Forms]![Form2]![txtStartOpen2]))<>False)) OR (((T.REJ)="y") AND ((IsNull([Forms]![Form2]![txtStartEnd2]))<>False));

I actaully did try something like that.. but it didnt work..

SELECT T.INSP, T.ACC
    FROM tblInspections AS T
    WHERE ((((T.REJ)="y") OR ((T.ACC)=Yes)) AND ((T.strDate) Between [Forms]![Form2]![txtStartOpen2] And [Forms]![Form2]![txtStartEnd2])) OR (((T.strDate) Between [Forms]![Form2]![txtStartOpen2] And [Forms]![Form2]![txtStartEnd2]) AND ((T.Fixed)=True)) OR (((T.REJ)="y") AND ((IsNull([Forms]![Form2]![txtStartOpen2]))<>False)) OR (((T.REJ)="y") AND ((IsNull([Forms]![Form2]![txtStartEnd2]))<>False));

I also tried

T.ACC = False

nogo

any other ideas ?

Originally posted by TonyT
    I actaully did try something like that.. but it didnt work..

SELECT T.INSP, T.ACC
    FROM tblInspections AS T
    WHERE ((((T.REJ)="y") OR ((T.ACC)=Yes)) AND ((T.strDate) Between [Forms]![Form2]![txtStartOpen2] And [Forms]![Form2]![txtStartEnd2])) OR (((T.strDate) Between [Forms]![Form2]![txtStartOpen2] And [Forms]![Form2]![txtStartEnd2]) AND ((T.Fixed)=True)) OR (((T.REJ)="y") AND ((IsNull([Forms]![Form2]![txtStartOpen2]))<>False)) OR (((T.REJ)="y") AND ((IsNull([Forms]![Form2]![txtStartEnd2]))<>False));

I also tried

T.ACC = False

nogo

any other ideas ?
    Hi Tony...

In SQL statements data comparisions of different types need to be expressed different ways...

For String comparisons, you surround the value with apostrophes or quotes...
    For Numeric comparisions, you don't need anything surrounding the values...
    For Date comparisons, you need # signs surrounding the values...
    For Boolean (yes/no... true/false... on/off) comparisons, you don't need anything surrounding the value... Yes/No fields also have numeric values of -1 (True) and 0 (False)

If you are having problems using Fixed = True, try Fixed = -1....

HTH

Sorry bout that.. i got it.. I put down acc=true.. where it should be fixed = true..

dumb mistakes..

thanks for your help !