Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5

    Unanswered: SQL Server Job failed

    Hi,

    I was running SQL Server job on SQL server 2000 successfully. But for past few days the same job is failing. I am sending you a long for the successfull job and for the Failed job. Please advise.

    Successfull Job:
    ************************************************
    Event Type: Information
    Event Source: MSSQLSERVER
    Event Category: (6)
    Event ID: 17055
    Date: 07/02/2004
    Time: 02:31:12
    User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Computer: BP1HEMAP027
    Description:
    18264 :
    Database backed up: Database: DocmanLive, creation date(time): 2003/10/10(07:17:17), pages dumped: 919653, first LSN: 24197:624:9, last LSN: 24197:658:1, number of dump devices: 1, device information: (FILE=1, TYPE=DISK: {'I:\BACKUP\DM Live\DocmanLive_db_200402070200.BAK'}).

    Data:
    0000: 58 47 00 00 0a 00 00 00 XG......
    0008: 0c 00 00 00 42 00 50 00 ....B.P.
    0010: 31 00 48 00 45 00 4d 00 1.H.E.M.
    0018: 41 00 50 00 30 00 32 00 A.P.0.2.
    0020: 37 00 00 00 07 00 00 00 7.......
    0028: 6d 00 61 00 73 00 74 00 m.a.s.t.
    0030: 65 00 72 00 00 00 e.r...
    ************************************************

    Failed Job:

    ***********************************************
    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: SQLSERVERAGENT
    Event Category: Job Engine
    Event ID: 208
    Date: 23/02/2004
    Time: 02:00:03
    User: N/A
    Computer: BP1HEMAP027
    Description:
    SQL Server Scheduled Job 'DB Backup Job for DB Maintenance Plan 'DocmanLive Maintenance'' (0xC0CF138C074DA54282963907312B0B15) - Status: Failed - Invoked on: 2004-02-23 02:00:02 - Message: The job failed. The owner () of job DB Backup Job for DB Maintenance Plan 'DocmanLive Maintenance' does not have server access.
    ************************************************

    This is very critical issues, please help.
    Thanks in advance,
    Vivek Agarwal
    Accenture

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    India
    Posts
    523

    Re: SQL Server Job failed

    Originally posted by vivekagarwal
    Hi,

    I was running SQL Server job on SQL server 2000 successfully. But for past few days the same job is failing. I am sending you a long for the successfull job and for the Failed job. Please advise.

    Successfull Job:
    ************************************************
    Event Type: Information
    Event Source: MSSQLSERVER
    Event Category: (6)
    Event ID: 17055
    Date: 07/02/2004
    Time: 02:31:12
    User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Computer: BP1HEMAP027
    Description:
    18264 :
    Database backed up: Database: DocmanLive, creation date(time): 2003/10/10(07:17:17), pages dumped: 919653, first LSN: 24197:624:9, last LSN: 24197:658:1, number of dump devices: 1, device information: (FILE=1, TYPE=DISK: {'I:\BACKUP\DM Live\DocmanLive_db_200402070200.BAK'}).

    Data:
    0000: 58 47 00 00 0a 00 00 00 XG......
    0008: 0c 00 00 00 42 00 50 00 ....B.P.
    0010: 31 00 48 00 45 00 4d 00 1.H.E.M.
    0018: 41 00 50 00 30 00 32 00 A.P.0.2.
    0020: 37 00 00 00 07 00 00 00 7.......
    0028: 6d 00 61 00 73 00 74 00 m.a.s.t.
    0030: 65 00 72 00 00 00 e.r...
    ************************************************

    Failed Job:

    ***********************************************
    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: SQLSERVERAGENT
    Event Category: Job Engine
    Event ID: 208
    Date: 23/02/2004
    Time: 02:00:03
    User: N/A
    Computer: BP1HEMAP027
    Description:
    SQL Server Scheduled Job 'DB Backup Job for DB Maintenance Plan 'DocmanLive Maintenance'' (0xC0CF138C074DA54282963907312B0B15) - Status: Failed - Invoked on: 2004-02-23 02:00:02 - Message: The job failed. The owner () of job DB Backup Job for DB Maintenance Plan 'DocmanLive Maintenance' does not have server access.
    ************************************************

    This is very critical issues, please help.
    Thanks in advance,
    Vivek Agarwal
    Accenture
    hi vivek ,
    were there any recent changes in the rights? check if the owner of the job has the rights on the disk.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5
    Thanks for the response.

    I think that there are no changes in the rights. The jobs are running under 'sa' as owner.

    Please advise what could be the problem?

    Also, could you please tell me how to check rights ?

    Thanks,
    Vivek Agarwal
    Accenture

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    India
    Posts
    523
    Originally posted by vivekagarwal
    Thanks for the response.

    I think that there are no changes in the rights. The jobs are running under 'sa' as owner.

    Please advise what could be the problem?

    Also, could you please tell me how to check rights ?

    Thanks,
    Vivek Agarwal
    Accenture
    This error can also be generated when it is SQL Server Agent (or the NT account within which it runs) does not have the necessary permissions to obtain information about the specified user account. This can happen when the SQL Server Agent account and the specified user account belong to different domains.
    Also check with what account the sql server agent service is logged on and whether that user is a valid user and has access rights to the maching. Are you trying to backup on a networked path?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    india
    Posts
    67
    1.check the disk space needed
    2.The password of the job owner is changed,try doing this
    edit the job and set the latest password and run it once manually.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5
    Originally posted by vrsrinivas
    1.check the disk space needed
    2.The password of the job owner is changed,try doing this
    edit the job and set the latest password and run it once manually.
    Thanks for the update. I am doing it on a Remote server. As I said earlier, The SQL jobs are failing but when I run these jobs through SQL Query Analyzer, it is executing properly.

    Also, I am not able to manually start the SQL jobs by Right Click on the job -> Start Job.

    Please advise.

    Regards,
    Vivek Agarwal
    Accenture

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5
    Hi,

    Anmore inputs on this ? Still my problem is not resolved. Out of 6 SQL Jobs, 3 jobs are running properly and three are failing. Owner of all these jobs is "sa". I am not sure why it is happening.

    This is very critical issues, please help.

    Thanks,
    Vivek Agarwal
    Accenture

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    India
    Posts
    523
    Originally posted by vivekagarwal
    As I said earlier, The SQL jobs are failing but when I run these jobs through SQL Query Analyzer, it is executing properly.

    Also, I am not able to manually start the SQL jobs by Right Click on the job -> Start Job.

    Accenture
    what is the account under which the sql agent is running and are you using unc path for taking backup?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    115
    Hi Vivek ,

    Hope this helps U

    I had the same proplem and i did the below steps
    Go to the properties of the job.click on STEPS tab, under this click on edit u get window
    EDIT JOB STEPS under this Click on ADVANCED Tab under this in the bottom u have option
    Run as user drop down box select (SELF) and try it out hope this helps you.
    if still not done call me 9886050184

    Regards
    Adil

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    115
    Hi Vivek,

    If the earlier solution given is not working properly. Try stopping and restarting the server. and try starting the job which is failing manually.
    I know its a little bit risky to stop and restart. Then too just give a try.

    Thanks

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5
    Thanks for the inputs.

    I have checked and found that "Self" is already selected for the job.
    Regarding Re-starting the server, I want to keep that as last option. Any other inputs to fix this problem please ?

    Regards,
    Vivek Agarwal
    Accenture.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,578
    May take help from this KBA to troubleshoot those maint.plans.

    Try to schedule another job exclusively using BACKUP statement.
    BTW< what are the privileges set for the account used to start MSSQLSErver & MSSQLAgent?
    --Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    [IMG]http://sqlserver-qa.net/google_bart.gif[/IMG]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •