Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2

    Unanswered: Temp tablespace error

    I'm using an ado connection to call Oracle 8i packages. Recently we found the Oracle packages are sometimes encountering the "unable to extend temp segment by xxx in tablespace Temp" message during the processing of a package. My problem is when this problem occurs, I haven't been able to identify there was a problem from the ASP and raise an error. I just get back an empty recordset. I've tried using some code similiar to this in an attempt to see the error but haven't had any luck. Has anyone had any similiar experiences? Any suggestions?

    dim errObj
    FOR each errObj in objCmd.ActiveConnection.Errors
    Response.Write "Native Error: " & errObj.NativeError
    Response.Write "Description: " & errObj.Description
    Next

    Thanks,
    Tim

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Greenville, SC (USA)
    Posts
    1,155
    Your max number of extents has been reached. The default next_extent size is either too small causing a number of extents until the max is reached. Another possiblity is that the tablespace file has reached it's limit on size and needs to extent, but auto extenting of the tablespace is not set.

    HTH
    Gregg

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2

    Re:

    Thanks Gregg. I know what causes the "unable to extend" error. What I'm having trouble with is getting the ADO connection in the ASP to realize the Oracle package didn't successfully execute. It appears Oracle isn't raising the error message up to the ADO connection, it's just returning a blank recordset. I need to be able to determine the package didn't run, preferably with the error message, from my ASP ADO connection so I can display the error to the user.

    Thanks,
    Tim

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •