which is all simple, the one i'm having a problem with is

tblModell
    ModellID
    ProducerID
    SizeID
    QualetyID
    Quantety

which should also be simple, but I can't seem to get it to work

what I want the last table to do is when I choose a producer, Size and Qualety is filtered out to only show those of the selected producer

can anyone help me?

If you are in the table's datasheet view, then you should have a filer tool at the top that looks like a funnel with a lightening bolt. First click on a producerID and click this Filter by Selection tool. The tool should also be available from the right click menu.

what I need is a filter for the lookup fields in tblModell.

the filter that is suggested above will only filter once recordes have been entered into tblModell.

as of now I get all the different qualeties and sizes of all the different producers, but would like to get only the different qualeties and sizes of the selected producer

I don't recomend the use of lookup fields: http://www.mvps.org/access/lookupfields.htm

Create a form instead.
    make some queries for the lookups you want to use.
    attach those queries to combo boxes
    Use the forms!MyModellFormName!ProducerID in the criterion if you want.
    If you want speed, you could use text boxes to hold the Modell table's data and use buttons to bring up pop up forms that list the data.

Lookups will not work until you are entering or browsing data in the Model table. Since you cannot stop a user from entering the quality first, what will you show in your list before the producer id is entered?

Smile

Originally posted by jmrSudbury
    I don't recomend the use of lookup fields: http://www.mvps.org/access/lookupfields.htm

Create a form instead.
    make some queries for the lookups you want to use.
    attach those queries to combo boxes
    Use the forms!MyModellFormName!ProducerID in the criterion if you want.
    If you want speed, you could use text boxes to hold the Modell table's data and use buttons to bring up pop up forms that list the data.

Lookups will not work until you are entering or browsing data in the Model table. Since you cannot stop a user from entering the quality first, what will you show in your list before the producer id is entered?
    That was a pretty cool link. Never been to that site. I ran across several of these issues early on and always thought that the problems outweighed the benifits. Never use them either.
    Gregg

DAO, ADO, SQL, Automation and anything else I can pick up.