I have a unique PL/SQL question. When an exception is raised in the BEGIN block of a package body, how can I terminate execution of the package body (and not execute whatever was called in the package)?

Here are some code examples to show you my dilemma.....

==============================
PACKAGE BODY myPackage IS
PROCEDURE myPackageProcedure IS
BEGIN
END myPackageProcedure;
BEGIN
--Call another package that may or may not call "mySessionTimeout()"
EXCEPTION
WHEN OTHERS THEN
IF (SQLCODE = -20123) THEN
RETURN;
ELSE
RAISE;
END IF;
END myPackage;

PROCEDURE mySessionTimeout IS
BEGIN
htp.init;
owa_util.redirect_url (myURL);
raise_application_error (-20123,'Expired Session');
END p_show_session_expired;

PROCEDURE callingProcedure IS
BEGIN
myPackage.myPackageProcedure();
END callingProcedure;

Whenever I call "myPackage.myPackageProcedure", the initialization block in "myPackage" gets executed prior to the execution of "myPackageProcedure" (which is what I want). If the package initialization block happens to call "mySessionTimeout", the URL is redirected (as desired), the exception -20123 is raised, the exception handler in the package body catches the exception, but then the original procedure that was called (myPackageProcedure) executes after the URL is redirected.

If I don't handle the exception, this prevents "myPackageProcedure" from executing, but then there's a messy exception dump in the web browser and the new web page isn't displayed.

If I don't raise an exception in "mySessionTimeout", then it's redirected to the new URL, but still executes the original called procedure (myPackageProcedure).

Is there a way to explicitly halt execution of the call stack and prevent a procedure from returning to it's caller? If so, I could do this in "mySessionTimeout" so that it wouldn't even return to the package "myPackage".