Question Unanswered: DB project: IE or Access based - ideas?

i am doing a multi part project. 3 parts, i already did the first 2 parts. it doesnt have to be all in access, but heres what i did so far.

1. Make a DB to specify a query using forms.

2. Make a website for IE that uses IIS that enables you to specify exactly what you want to query. I have it so the data is also able to be edited & deleted. and that new data is able to be added.

now for the 3rd part.

its basically inventory, so i am wondering if it is possible to have a website that is usable for multiple people (but one at a time) that you can check your inventory and then be able to select items to be purchased if your current stock is low. and have it generate a report in IE.

i know i can easily do this in access, but want to make it so its IE based...

any ideas, comments, etc... is appreciated. thanks...

adam
    Last edited by stahly; 02-24-04 at 15:56.

Re: DB project: IE or Access based - ideas?

Originally posted by stahly
    i am doing a multi part project. 3 parts, i already did the first 2 parts. it doesnt have to be all in access, but heres what i did so far.

1. Make a DB to specify a query using forms.

2. Make a website for IE that uses IIS that enables you to specify exactly what you want to query. I have it so the data is also able to be edited & deleted. and that new data is able to be added.

now for the 3rd part.

its basically inventory, so i am wondering if it is possible to have a website that is usable for multiple people (but one at a time) that you can check your inventory and then be able to select items to be purchased if your current stock is low. and have it generate a report in IE.

i know i can easily do this in access, but want to make it so its IE based...

any ideas, comments, etc... is appreciated. thanks...

adam
    Why don't you use MySQL and PHP?

the project requires us to only use access or frontpage, its a microsoft based project. i know i can do about 90% of it using frontpage. i am just not sure if i can use maybe check boxes, or lists boxes to make a "report" using querys. maybe if i explain my db a little more clearly it might help.

Its a hospital supply inventory database. lets say they have to order some latex gloves from a Company A.

i am thinking if i make the website with a custom form that sends the form field's results to the db, the db can in return bring about the results of a recent request for new inventory into a report style webpage.