Thread: Report Question

Unanswered: Report Question

I have a report that I do at the end of the month to track the amount of Incident Reports per cottage. I have used checkboxes to do this report and it looks great! The problem I am having is this: I need to be able to show which cottage I am referring to. I have made a separate table called Cottages and entered all the numbers of the cottages we have. I need to be able to pick which one I want to show up on the report. Can someone please help me?

Provided Answers: 1
    Please be more clear.

All that I could get from your post was there is a report with some checkboxes regarding cottages that have numbers.

The report you are displaying (with all the checkboxes) is already related to specific record or records of a specific cottage (hopefully). When you process (fill out) the incedent form, do you not have the name of the cottage already selected (??? perhaps via comboBox)? If so, then I'm sure you have the field bound to the table containing the checkboxes or at least a reference to it. If this is the case it's a simple matter of adding a TextBox to your report which will display this reference.

You are right about my report CyberLynx, but I have had to build an expression to calculate numeric data (adding up the number of checkboxes). It won't allow me to bring cottage down from the query into the subquery. It gives me an error. I can bring it down as long as it is not shown and has an expression or criteria in it, but not just to see it. Then it won't separate the data based on cottage. Each cottage shows the entire report amounts (not separated). I tried to bypass this to make an individual report for each cottage (and it works fine), I just wanted to do ONE report and get the data separated by sorting and grouping. It just doesn't seem to want to work. Thanks anyway. I'll keep trying.