Unanswered: Object Invalid, Invalid Argument

Need some help with this one. I have an Access97 db (front and back) that has been up and running for many years with virtually no problems. Two weeks ago 2 of the 20-25 users started getting Oject invalid and Invalid Argument error messages. There does not seem to be any pattern in when they occur. There are no timers in the application and errors have even popped up when the user has not been at their computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sometimes a reference gets changed and can cause this. Especially if you have someone with a different version of Access.
    Cathy

References

Good suggestion, however I have checked the refs and all are set the same. Something that happened last night, we have multiple databases and one of the other ones did the same. I have checked the computer and cable everything seems to be alright with the hardware.

Did you check the dates of the reference files and the access version? We had that happen a few months ago, and the workstation having the problem was running a different complied version of access and had a few older reference files. It's a software problem, not a hardware problem. Unfortunately, you need to find that needle in the haystack. Boy have I been there before.
    Cathy

References

Starting to wish I dug ditches for a living. Do you think a reinstall of the office suite would correct any version conflicts?

Not sure. Look at the help menu and make sure everyone's running the same complied version. Then, in the VB tools menu, check the references. You can verify the dates of the files.
    Cathy

Version

Everyone is running the same version. Also the re-install did not help. Something else to add, another user had not informed me that she was getting a disk or network error. Could these be related?

It's possibly related. Do you have a "ghost" image for your pcs? If so, you might want to reghost one of them to see if it fixes the problem. Do you have network support (or is that you too)?
    Cathy

Ghosting

Cathy.. I thank you and appreciate all the time you have been putting into my problem. Yes I am also the network admin, however I don't ghost. I am getting ready to replace one of the pcs where the problems are occuring. I don't expect that to fix the problem, and frankly hope it doesn't. If replacing the PC works I will feel more lost than I already do.

Provided Answers: 5
    are versions - front and backend the same versions and service paks?

When you get an "object" type error you should be able to break on that code and see where it occurrs.

any luck doing that?
    Dale Houston, TX

You have a front end and a back end both in access? Are they simply linked databases

This may be a silly question, but did some of your users somehow modify/delete one or more of the objects in their client copy?