Thread: ADO Connection

Unanswered: ADO Connection

When setting an ADO connection to TRUE, I get the message 'Oracle error occurred but error message could not be retrieved from Oracle.'
    I am using the Microsoft OLEDB Provider for Oracle, Delphi 5 and Oracle 8i.

Hi,

Could you more explain your ADO Connection Setting???

Or u can checking your Oracle Host Name, your username/password etc.

To test your connection working properly, u can used ODBC Tools, create new DSN and do test connection.

Thanks

regards,

Johan

Re: ADO Connection

Hello! it is very difficult to solve without ur dtail ADO connection coding but i think tjis problrm creates for ur oracle installer.I also faced this message when i tried to connect oracle personal edition and oracle 7
    If u are using oracle8i then best thing is for connecting ADO make a Odbc driver given with username nad password.I hope u know how to make ODBC if no then mail me.Take Care!

Mahfuz
    mahfuz288@hotmail.com
    hello

The connection string is:

Provider=MSDAORA.1;User ID=acabrera;Data Source=ORAD;Persist Security Info=False

I tested the connection using the Data Link Properties' Connection tab and the message is 'test connection failed because of an error in initializing the provider.' Previously, the connection was successful.

But even if the connection failed, why am I able to run the application?

When I tried to use the Oracle Provider for OLE DB where the connection string is:

Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=acabrera;Data Source=ORAD;Extended Properties="",

the connection test is successful but the application would not run due to the error 'not enough storage is available to complete this operation'. This happens when an ADO query is activated.